The Blackwing 602 features a firm and smooth graphite core that helps it deliver on its promise of “Half the Pressure, Twice the Speed.” Ideal for writers and everyday users who don’t like to sharpen as often, Blackwing 602 Pencils come packaged as a set of 12 in a durable two-piece archive box.
Anatomay of a Blackwing:
• Replaceable Eraser: The removable, replaceable eraser ensures the pencil isn’t always functional.
• Iconic Design: The Blackwing’s iconic design gives it a timeless look.
• Debossed Imprint: Foil debossed imprint gives each Blackwing pencil an elegant look.
• Premium Finish: Multi-coated lacquer gives every Blackwing a luxurious finish.
• Genuine Incense-Cedar: Cased in genuine Incense-cedar Wood from California and Oregon that sharpens evenly and easily.
• Crafted Graphite: Premium Japanese graphite crafted with clay for strength and wax for smoothness.
The Story of the $40 Pencil:
Legendary Grammy, Emmy, Pulitzer and Academy Award winners have created with the Blackwing 602 pencil. The list of ambassadors includes John Steinbeck and Chuck Jones who proudly used Blackwing to create Bugs Bunny and many other Looney Tunes Characters.
Blackwing’s roots go back to the 1930’s when the 602 model was first introduced by Eberhard Faber. In 1998, after several corporate acquisitions, it was discontinued, but not forgotten. In fact, fans began paying as much as $40 for a single Blackwing pencil.
In 2010, Palomino revived the Blackwing pencil using California Genuine Incense-Cedar and premium Japanese graphite. Blackwing pencils are now available with firm, balanced or soft graphite, drawing rave reviews from users and national media attention.